Location and Information: Atkins Lake is located in Pope County, Arkansas. This body of water covers just over 750 acres of surface area and was built in 1956. There is a maximum depth here of approximately 35 feet with an average depth of 10 feet. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Carp, Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Blue Catfish, Bullhead and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Specific Regulations In This Area
- Largemouth Bass: 16 inches to 21 inches must be released immediately to the water. limit is 4, of which one may be over 21 inches.
- Common Carp: Use of this species as bait is prohibited.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Arkansas
- Largemouth Bass: 10 daily combined total with other bass
- Smallmouth Bass: 10 daily combined total with other bass
- Black Bass: 10 daily combined total with other bass
- Bream: 50 a day combined
- Catfish: 10 daily combined with other catfish./ No limit on bullhead
- Pickerel: 6 a day
- Sauger: 6 a day
- Saugeye: 6 a day
- Walleye: 6 a day
- White Bass: 25 a day
- Yellow Bass: No limit
- Crappie: 30 a day combined black and white