Location and Fishing Information: B.A. Steinhagen Lake is located in Tyler and Jasper Counties, Texas. This body of water covers over 9,500 acres of surface area You will find boating, kayaking, camping, hiking and fishing on and around this lake.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in B.A. Steinhagen Lake? You can find Carp, Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Crappie, White Bass, Spotted Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 25 combination of black and white with 10″ minimum
- White Crappie: 25 combination of black and white with 10″ minimum
- Walleye: 5 per day and obly two can be under 16 inches
- Trout: 5 in any combination with no minimum length requirements.
- Catfish: 25 in any combination including subspecies
- Catfish Flathead: 5 per day with a minimum length of 18 inches
- Spotted Bass: 5 per day for any combination of species of bass
- Striped/Hybrid Bass: 5 per day with a minimum length of 18 inches
- White Bass: 25 per day with a minimum of 10 inches
- Yellow Bass: No limit or length
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Panfish: No size or limit