Location and Fishing Information: Cowanesque lake was built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1980 by creating the Cowanesque Dam. It covers just under 1,200 acres of surface area and is located in Tioga and Potter Counties, Pennsylvania. You can enjoy camping, fishing and recreational boating here and there is also no horsepower limit or boat size limit either.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find White Crappie, Channel Catfish, Muskie, Tiger Muskie, Bluegill, Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass, and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Crappie: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Yellow Perch: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Sunfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Channel Catfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Muskie: Open year-round with a 40 inch minimum and can keep 1
- Walleye: Jan 1- March 14 / May 2 – Dec 31 15 inch minimum – limit 6
- White Bass: See PA Summary Book
- Largemouth Bass: See PA Summary Book
- Smallmouth Bass: See PA Summary Book https://pfbc.pa.gov/fishpub/summaryad/inland.html