Edward Medard Reservoir, Florida Fishing
Location and Information: Edward Medard Reservoir also known as Medard Reservoir is located in Hillsborough County, Florida. This body of water covers approximately 770 acres of surface area which has a maximum depth of 33 feet and an average depth of 9 feet. You will find boating, kayaking, camping, hiking and fishing on and around this lake.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Black Crappie, Hybrid Striped Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined
- General Statewide Bag and Length Limits | FWC (myfwc.com)