Fayette County Reservoir, Texas Fishing
Location and Fishing Information: Fayette County Reservoir is located in Fayette County, Texas. This body of water covers 2,400 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of approximately 70 feet which was built in 1978. There is excellent Largemouth Bass fishing on this reservoir. You will find boating, kayaking and camping here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in Fayette County Reservoir? You can find Carp, Sunfish, Catfish, and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 25 combination of black and white with 10″ minimum
- White Crappie: 25 combination of black and white with 10″ minimum
- Walleye: 5 per day and only two can be under 16 inches
- Trout: 5 in any combination with no minimum length requirements.
- Catfish: 25 in any combination including subspecies
- Catfish Flathead: 5 per day with a minimum length of 18 inches
- Spotted Bass: 5 per day for any combination of species of bass
- Striped/Hybrid Bass: 5 per day with a minimum length of 18 inches
- White Bass: 25 per day with a minimum of 10 inches
- Yellow Bass: No limit or length
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Panfish: No size or limit