Gainesville Lake, Alabama Fishing
Location and Information: Gainesville Lake is located in Sumter County, Alabama. This body of water covers approximately 6,400 acres of surface area. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here. The crappie fishing here is very good.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Crappie, Hybrid Striped Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Alabama
- Largemouth Bass: 10 daily combined total with other bass
- Smallmouth Bass: No more than 5 of the 10 daily limit for other bass can be smallmouth bass
- Bream: 50 a day combined
- Catfish: No limit under 34 inches
- Walleye: limit of 2 per day/ Some areas have specific regulations
- White Bass: 15 a day
- Yellow Bass: 15 a day
- Striped Bass: 15 limit/ No more than five can be over 22 inches
- Crappie: 30 a day combined black and white/ No crappie can be taken under 9 inches