Location and Fishing Information: Lake Habeeb is located in Allegany County, Maryland. This body of water covers just over 240 acres and has a maximum depth around 75 feet. It was built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1974 and it was named after Edward Habeeb who helped with the development of the area.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Catfish, Bluegill, Smallmouth Bass, and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Crappie: 15 per day
- Yellow Perch: Non-tidal 10 per day
- Sunfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Channel Catfish: 5 Daily
- Walleye: Jan 1- April 15/ minimum size 15″ and max of 20″/ 5 per day
- White Bass: See MDSummary Book
- Largemouth Bass: See MD Summary Book
- Smallmouth Bass: See MD Summary Book