Location and Fishing Information: Lake Hopatcong is located in Morris and Sussex Counties, New Jersey. This lake covers just under 2,500 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 50 feet. Hopatcong has been a staple in its surrounding community for a great place to vacation. You will find recreational boating, kayaking, camping and fishing on and around the lake.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Carp, Bluegill, Chain Pickerel, Crappie, Sunfish, Pickerel, Muskie, Tiger Muskie, Trout, Channel Catfish, Hybrid Striped Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Northern Pike: Minimum of 24″ and 2 per day
- Muskie: 44″ minimum and 1 per day
- Chain Pickerel: 15″ minimum and 5 per day
- Walleye: 18″ and 5 per day/ Catch and Release Mar 1st-Apr 30th
- Channel Catfish: 12″ minimum and 5 per day
- Striped Bass: Minimum size of 16″ and 2 per day
- Crappie: 8″ inch minimum and 10 per day
- Largemouth Bass: 5 per day minimum 12″
- Smallmouth Bass: minimum of 15″ and 2 per day
- Panfish: See the NJDFW
- All Other Species See The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife