Location and Fishing Information: Lake Needwood is located in Montgomery County, Maryland. This body of water covers 75 acres of surface area and was created in 1965. Unfortunately the water quality here is not the greatest but you can still enjoy a day of fishing.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Catfish, Bluegill, Smallmouth Bass, and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Crappie: 15 per day
- Yellow Perch: Non-tidal 10 per day
- Sunfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Channel Catfish: 5 Daily
- Walleye: Jan 1- April 15/ minimum size 15″ and max of 20″/ 5 per day
- White Bass: See MDSummary Book
- Largemouth Bass: See MD Summary Book
- Smallmouth Bass: See MD Summary Book