Location and Information: Lake Okeechobee is located in Martin, Glades, Hendry, Okeechobee and Palm Beach Counties, Florida. This body of water has an area of 730 square miles which has a maximum depth around 12 feet and an average depth of approximately 8 feet.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Crappie and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white/ Crappie here under 10 inches must be released.
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined
- General Statewide Bag and Length Limits | FWC (myfwc.com)