Location and Information: Lake Panasoffkee is located in Sumter County, Florida. This body of water covers just over 4,450 acres of surface area. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here. This lake is pretty shallow throughout the lake with a depth not reaching much over 4 feet.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Black Crappie and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined