Lake Talquin, Florida Fishing
Location and Information: Lake Talquin is located in Leon and Gadsden Counties, Florida. This body of water covers approximately 8,800 acres of surface area which has a maximum depth of 40 feet and an average depth around 14 feet. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here. Crappie fishing on Lake Talquin is excellent.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Black Crappie, Sunshine Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined
- General Statewide Bag and Length Limits | FWC (myfwc.com)