Ninigret Pond, Rhode Island Fishing
Location and Fishing Information: Ninigret Pond is located in Charlestown and Washington Counties, Rhode Island. This natural body of water was created by glacier melt and covers approximately 1,550 acres of surface area with an average depth of 5 feet. You will find boating, kyaking, fishing and camping to be abundant on the biggest “Salt Pond” out of nine located in Rhode Island.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Northern Pike, Striped Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Chain Pickerel: 5 per day minimum of 14″
- Northern Pike: 2 per day minimum of 24″
- Striped Bass: 1 per day minimum 28″
- Largemouth Bass: 5 per day minimum 12″
- Smallmouth Bass: 5 per day minimum 12″
- All Other Species Refer to Rhode Island DEM