Location and Information: Orange Lake is located in Alachua County, Florida. This body of water covers just over 12,500 acres of surface area which has a maximum depth around 12 feet and an average depth of 5 feet. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Bluegill, Crappie and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined
- General Statewide Bag and Length Limits | FWC (myfwc.com)