Piedmont Lake Fishing
Piedmont Lake Information
Location: Piedmont Lake is located across Belmont, Guernsey, and Harrison Counties in eastern Ohio.
Piedmont is located several miles north of I-70 in Belmont County. Nearby towns include Piedmont, Freeport, Cadiz, and Barnesville.
When was Piedmont Lake Formed: The Army Corps of Engineers constructed the lake for the purpose of flood control. It is currently operated by the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District. The lake was completed in 1942.
Total Acres: 2,270
Max Depth: 38 feet (mean depth is 14.9 feet)
Fishing Piedmont Lake, Ohio
Popular Species: Crappie, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, muskie, channel catfish, saugeye, sunfish
Top Species (Listed by quantity/size)
- Crappie: Poor/Good
- Largemouth Bass: Fair/Good
- Smallmouth Bass: Excellent/Good
- Muskie: Excellent/Good
- Channel Catfish: Good/Excellent
- Saugeye: Excellent/Excellent
- Sunfish: Poor/Excellent
Piedmont Lake Marina
- Address: 32281 Marina Rd, Freeport, OH 43973
- Phone Number: (740) 658-1029
- Official Piedmont Lake Marina Website
- HP Limit: 10HP Limit
- Amenities: Camping, Boat Rentals, Boat Ramp, Dining, Boat Docking
Premier Angler aims to provide general information about some of the top fishing destinations across the country. To ensure up-to-date accuracy, make sure to check with your state’s natural resources department and your local marinas before hitting the water.