Shenango River Lake, Pennsylvania Fishing
Location and Fishing Information: The Shenango River Lake is located in Mercer County, Pennsylvania. This body of water covers just over 3,500 acres of surface area and was built in 1965. Many Pennsylvania and Ohio anglers are fond of this lake for its excellent fishing. There are also over 300 campsites around the lake making Shenango a go to spot for camping and fishing.
Popular Fishing Species List
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find White Crappie, Black Crappie,Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Muskie, Tiger Muskie, Yellow Perch, Bluegill, Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Crappie: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Yellow Perch: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Sunfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Channel Catfish: No Minimum- 50 combined species total
- Muskie: Open year-round with a 40 inch minimum and can keep 1
- Walleye: Jan 1- March 14 / May 2 – Dec 31 15 inch minimum – limit 6
- White Bass: See PA Summary Book
- Largemouth Bass: See PA Summary Book
- Smallmouth Bass: See PA Summary Book https://pfbc.pa.gov/fishpub/summaryad/inland.html
Shenango River Lake Fishing Videos
Marinas on this lake
- Marina Name: NorthStar Marina
- Address: 2802 Lake Rd, Clark, PA 16113
- Phone Number: (724) 962-5785
- HP limit: Most of the lake is unlimited/ some are 10HP
- Amenities: Camping, Boat Rentals, Boat Ramp
Premier Angler aims to provide general information about some of the top fishing destinations across the country. To ensure up-to-date accuracy, make sure to check with your state’s natural resources department and your local marinas before hitting the water.