South Holston Lake, Tennessee Fishing
Location and Information: South Holston Lake is located in Sullivan County, Tennessee. This body of water covers just under 8,000 acres of surface area. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Bluegill, Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, Crappie, Walleye, White Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for South Holston Lake in Tennessee
- Largemouth/Smallmouth Bass: 5 per day in combination.
- Largemouth Bass: no length limit.
- Smallmouth Bass: 15 inch minimum length limit.
- Spotted Bass: 15 per day, no length limit.
- Crappie (all species): 15 per day in combination, 10 inch minimum length limit.
- Catfish (all species): 20 per day in combination. Only one fish over 34 inches in length may be harvested per day.
- White Bass: No harvest allowed.
- Walleye: 5 per day, 18 inch minimum length limit. Includes tributaries.
- Rock Bass: 20 per day, no length limit.
- Redear Sunfish: 20 per day, no length limit.
- Bluegill: 50 per day, no length limit.
- Warmouth and other sunfishes: no creel or length limit.
- Trout: 7 per day, only two may be lake trout.