Watts Bar Reservoir, Tennessee Fishing
Location and Information: Watts Bar Reservoir is located in Roane and Rhea Counties, Tennessee. This body of water covers over 38,000 acres of surface area which has a maximum depth around 107 feet. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Bluegill, Walleye, Crappie, Spotted Bass, Striped Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Watts Bar Reservoir in Tennessee
- Largemouth/Smallmouth/Spotted Bass: 5 per day in combination.
- Largemouth Bass: 15 inch minimum length limit.
- Smallmouth Bass: 18 inch minimum length limit.
- Spotted Bass: no length limit.
- Crappie (all species): 15 per day in combination, 10 inch minimum length limit.
- Catfish (all species): No creel limit for fish 34 inches and less in length; only one fish over 34 inches in length may be harvested per day.
- Striped Bass or Hybrid Striped Bass:
- April 1–Oct. 31: 2 per day in combination.
- Nov. 1–March 31: 2 per day in combination, only one may be a striped bass.