Winchester Lake, Connecticut Fishing
Location and Fishing Information: Winchester Lake is located in Litchfield, Connecticut. This body of water covers just under 230 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth approximately 18 feet deep with an average depth around 7 feet. You will find boating, kayaking, hiking, camping and fishing on and around this lake.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Salmon, Northern Pike, Trout, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Northern Pike: 26″ and 2 per day
- Chain Pickerel: 15″ minimum and 6 per day
- Walleye: 18″ and 2 per day
- Catfish: 6 per day
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 12″
- Panfish: No size or limit except White Perch
- All Other Species See The Connecticut Regulations