Location and Information: Hefner Lake is located in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. This body of water covers 2,500 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 94 feet with and average depth of approximately 29 feet. This lake is stocked annually with Walleye and Hybrid Striped Bass.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in Hefner Lake? You can find Bluegill, Sunfish, White Crappie, Black Crappie, Walleye, Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish, Flathead Catfish, White Bass, Striped Hybrid Bass, Spotted Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- White Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- Walleye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Sauger: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Saugeye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Trout: See ODWC Regulations
- Channel Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Blue Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Catfish Flathead: 5 limit no size limit
- Spotted Bass: no limit or size
- Striped Bass: 5 limit(except for Lake Texoma) No size limit
- Striped Hybrid Bass: 20 limit/ Only 5 can be over 30″
- White Bass: No limit/ No Size Limit
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Alligator Gar: 1 a day/ No size limit