Location and Information: Waurika Lake is located in Jefferson County, Oklahoma. This body of water covers 10,000 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 52 feet with an average depth of approximately 19 feet. This lake is stocked with Hybrid Striped Bass and Saugeye.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in Waurika Lake? You can find Bluegill, Sunfish, White Crappie, Black Crappie, Walleye, Saugeye, Flathead Catfish, Blue Catfish, Channel Catfish, White Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- White Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- Walleye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Sauger: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Saugeye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Trout: See ODWC Regulations
- Channel Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Blue Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Catfish Flathead: 5 limit no size limit
- Spotted Bass: no limit or size
- Striped Bass: 5 limit(except for Lake Texoma) No size limit
- Striped Hybrid Bass: 20 limit/ Only 5 can be over 30″
- White Bass: No limit/ No Size Limit
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Alligator Gar: 1 a day/ No size limit