Location and Information: Wes Watkins Lake is located in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma. This body of water covers 1,140 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 30 feet with an average depth of approximately 10 feet. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in Wes Watkins Lake? You can find Bluegill, Sunfish, White Crappie, Black Crappie, Channel Catfish, White Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- White Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- Walleye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Sauger: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Saugeye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Trout: See ODWC Regulations
- Channel Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Blue Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Catfish Flathead: 5 limit no size limit
- Spotted Bass: no limit or size
- Striped Bass: 5 limit(except for Lake Texoma) No size limit
- Striped Hybrid Bass: 20 limit/ Only 5 can be over 30″
- White Bass: No limit/ No Size Limit
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Alligator Gar: 1 a day/ No size limit