Location and Information: Ocheesee Pond is located in Jackson County, Florida. This body of water covers just over 2,220 acres of surface area. A large portion of the lake contains cypress trees. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing here.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, Chain Pickerel, Black Crappie and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits for Florida
- Black Bass: 5 daily combined total with other bass
- Butterfly Peacock Bass: Only one may be over 17 inches
- White Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Striped Bass: 20 a day limit only 6 may be 24 inches or more
- Crappie: 25 a day combined black and white
- Panfish: 50 a day limit combined
- General Statewide Bag and Length Limits | FWC (myfwc.com)