Carl Etling Lake, Oklahoma Fishing
Location and Fishing Information: Carl Etling Lake is located in Cimarron County, Oklahoma. This body of water covers 159 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 38 feet with and average depth of approximately 10 feet which was built in 1958. There are two boat ramps and multiple camping facilities here as well. You will find boating, kayaking and fishing on this lake.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in this lake? You can find Bluegill, Sunfish, Flathead Catfish, Walleye, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- White Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- Walleye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Sauger: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Saugeye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Trout: See ODWC Regulations
- Channel Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Blue Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Catfish Flathead: 5 limit no size limit
- Spotted Bass: no limit or size
- Striped Bass: 5 limit(except for Lake Texoma) No size limit
- Striped Hybrid Bass: 20 limit/ Only 5 can be over 30″
- White Bass: No limit/ No Size Limit
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Alligator Gar: 1 a day/ No size limit