Location and Information: Louis Burtschi Lake is located in Grady County, Oklahoma. This body of water covers 168 acres of surface area and has a maximum depth of 30 feet with an average depth of approximately 5 feet. This Lake was built in 1945 and renovated in 1990. There are two boat ramps, two fishing piers and multiple picnic tables and grills.
There are numerous different species of fish to find on this body of water. So, what type of fish are in Louis Burtschi Lake? You can find Bluegill, Sunfish, Saugeye, Channel Catfish, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass on these waters.
Top Species and Creel Limits
- Black Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- White Crappie: 37 combined white or black/ no size limit.
- Walleye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Sauger: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Saugeye: 6 limit/ 14″ minimum
- Trout: See ODWC Regulations
- Channel Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Blue Catfish: 15 Combined/ Only one Blue over 30″
- Catfish Flathead: 5 limit no size limit
- Spotted Bass: no limit or size
- Striped Bass: 5 limit(except for Lake Texoma) No size limit
- Striped Hybrid Bass: 20 limit/ Only 5 can be over 30″
- White Bass: No limit/ No Size Limit
- Largemouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Smallmouth Bass: 6 per day minimum 14″
- Alligator Gar: 1 a day/ No size limit